Whats this Daddy, Why Daddy?

Monday, July 24, 2006
So I had a great weekend, a few things I could've done without. I got sick on Friday night thankfully it was just a couple hour thing. But my family got it after me. "I sick in tummy" Poor little guy was laying on the bathroom floor with mommy saying "I sick in tummy" and crying. I'm useless when it comes to puke, the smell/sight/sound ... YUCK. You could bleed all over me and I don't care, give me a poopy diaper or a sick kid and I'm out. So we pulled the hide-a-bed out and watched cartoons most of Saturday night, and Tristan bless his heart wide awake at 4-4:30am Thankfully because of his new bed he just came and crawled in bed with Christy and I, un-thankfully he's just like his mother :P pushing me WAY over to the edge of the bed haha (Side-note: When Christy and I firt got married we shared a double bed, I'm by no means a little guy so that was an amazing thing lol. I convinced Christy we needed a King sized bed so we went out and bought one...Thinking I'd have some room to be comfortable... I still don't get any room) Back to the story, so I'm squished over to the far side of the bed Mommy moving over more and Tristan to. Anyway I finally had enough and put him back in his bed around 5:30am. Needless to say I went to church by myself, Christy getting no sleep and Tristan getting no sleep makes for grumpy family.. Surprisingly my boy wasn't grumpy at all and he hadn't even slept since 4. Maybe 1 or 2 hours tops. Christy fell asleep (sorta) on the couch so she was good also. We had a good evening and went out for dinner to the outlaws. Came home relaxed hung out put Tristers to bed.......... 11pm I head off to bed and hear "Daddy... Daddy..." So it begins... I think to myself hmm wierd he's not alseep, I go into his room and he's WIDE AWAKE. :( So I ask him if he wants Daddy to cuddle and of course he does, so I crawl into his tiny little bed and we snuggle for a bit, he's jibber jabbering the whole time non-stop. Meanwhile I've gotta get up around 5:30-5:45 for work... Trying to get him to sleep, I stay in his room till about 12:15. Daddy whats this, Daddy why. It was cute and fun. He was bummed he didn't have any chest hair and Daddy does. So I crawl out of his bed we pray one more time and I tell him its night night time. I'm starting regret the new bed haha but love it cause I can cuddle my boy. Anyways about 20mins goes by and I'm at that stage where I can hear whats going on but I'm out. I hear some stirring then I hear him tapping his foot on the wall then nothing, then I hear plastic being pushed on the hardwood floor and I think what the? I go into his room there's his big lion on the bed few other things here and there, but no Tristan. I'm wiggin out a little, to tired to think straight I start looking for him in the closet, behind the door in the other closet no Tristers to be found, head out of his room and i see his foot underneath a foot stool in the linen closet... "What do you think your doing".. "Hiding Daddy"..Well my patience was starting to wear a bit thin, but I didn't get mad I just told him no more goofing around and get to bed before he gets a spanking. That was the last I heard from him. He went to sleep. :D Poor mommy was up at 7:30 with him though..

Was a good weekend though I had fun :D Gotta love kids hehe.

7 comments:

Christy said...

That was quite the weekend! I am glad it has passed and sleep is back to normal...for now anyways!
Love you!

Jenny said...

It's always hard when your kid(s) are sick. My husband and I would take shifts but it wears you down. Hope it's been back to normal! It seems like you have a little character in the making!

Tanya said...

Hey dude! Glad that he's back to normal and is feeling himself again. Take care and keep up being such a good daddy to him! You guys are awesome!

Tommy Boy said...

Doooood, how are ya?
I just got back from diving the Great Barrier Reef!!!
It was amazing!
There are pictures on my Blog!! Check them out!

Tommy Boy

starla said...

Okay, i giggled the whole time i read your post! Too funny! I can just see tristan hiding in the closet with a big proud grin on his face!

Adam said...

Blog on dude. I keep checking your site for a funny story or pic. Don't leave me hanging brother.

starla said...

okay, time for a new post already!!!!