Big First Game!! 6-0

Thursday, October 09, 2008
WOW... Talk about a spanking... 6-0 seriously 6 - notta LOU get's a shutout!!!

I wasn't overly thrilled with the game but the goals were great!! a lot of sloppy passes and ya just over all seemed like a very weird game. They honored Luc Bordon tonight could've played a part in it I guess but I really don't know... I'm UBER tired right now so look for an update tomorrow! Unfortunately I'll be missing Saturday's game, due to a conflicting work schedule.. I really need to try and book work around these games :P

Anyways I'll post my thoughts when I can think straight.

On a side note I bought something today!!! Picture to come soon! :P I'm SOOO Excited

EDIT #1 : Here's my new purchase!!!
EDIT #2:
OK So the game... I already said I wasn't overly impressed with the game I was optimistic at best on the out come, I felt like we would win but it would be a marginal 3-1 with a go ahead goal near the end of the the 3rd, was I ever wrong.. But really how often does Kipper get his butt handed to him? ESPECIALLY back to back? I thought for sure he'd be standing on his head and putting up the great saves.. I did however say to the guys that if IF Van could stick the passing and great plays that they were in the pre-season then it would be good. Anyways the game was frustrating but exciting at the same time. You gotta love watching your team score, I LOVE the fact that guys were excited to score not just meh it's another goal. Actually celebrating and enjoying the game. I agree with TimW and seeing Bernier step it up and getting a goal was exciting. I'm still anticipating what Demitra is going to do, sure he's dazzled us a few times but in the what 6 games I've seen him in I can only count a few and I mean on one hand a few how many times.. maybe he needs to find his groove? maybe it's the "chemistry" I don't know but hopefully he steps it up :P

How about Burrows 2 goals.. I so wanted to see him get a hat trick that would've been great on the night they honored his best friend or "closest team-mate" Luc Bourdon. Still he played a great game even antagonising Bert! haha awesome.. On a side not I have to admit I was pretty disgusted by Canuck fans for "Boo-ing" Bertuzzi, he left for good reasons I think and I really hope he get's his game back... That Steve Moore incident... I don't want to talk about that but to say BULL POOP.. The dog-pile broke your neck sue your team mates too... geeez we all know there are repercussions for taking out a teams Goalie and Captian OR star players.. infact there are guys in the NHL for that sole reason to hurt you to scare you and to make you PAY... anyways...

I really should be in bed.. I'm exhausted.. I should've been in bed hours ago I was going to go to bed at like 10:30 but this stupid show was on and I started watching it last year "Bull Run" and it actually just showed roughly where I stopped watching it. So I got to see who won! haha funny.. but lame..

Good game for the nucks! Way to start the season, great for the confidence of the team and let's pray the snowball keeps going and they reek havok ALL year right through the playoffs!!


Let me leave you with this picture.. From one of my favorite goals of the night. I don't get why people don't like the Sedin's... Great play way to stick the puck!!
One more thing, I'd like to welcome TimW to the world of Blogging I see you've started one :P Welcome and unfortantely I'll be missing the game tomorrow night :( I have to work until about 3am... Seriously what kind of man plans his wedding on a game day.. Geez some peoples kids... haha
GO CANUCKS GO

2 comments:

TimW said...

Great to see you've got a new guitar. Look forward to hearing it... and the game; that was fun to watch and I don't watch many games during the season. It was great to see them get 6 goals that weren't pp goals and it was good to see Bernier get started. I hope this is the sign of good things to come this season. Could it be that several of the younger bunch really step it up?

Darci said...

That guitar looks very nice!!