My First Week off as a Full time Dad

Friday, March 02, 2007
Well I thought I'd post just to update you all on family life. I sure am glad that I took time off to be with my family I love being able to play with Tristan and help Christy with Olivia as much as I can, however with all the laundry, dishes and cleanup I've been doing I'm THAT much more thankful for my wife and all the wonderful things she does for us! I'm used to helping out but doing the majority of things this past week is crazy. What a blessing it has been that everyone has been preparing meals for my family, I don't know if I could handle cooking and all the other tasks I've been doing :P We've some great meals and treats dropped off. Joni keeps surprising us with phone calls and yummy delights its great! Thank you Thank you! Thank you to all of you who've cooked meals for us its been awesome!

A nurse (Katherine, friend of the family) came by today and did a check up on Olivia and she's gained all but 2oz of her birth weight back, she's a little jaundice but apparently not too much to worry about because she's having enough feedings and bowel movements, we have an appt. with the Dr. on Tuesday at 10am so we'll see what Skippy says. She also reassured Christy about some things she's been nervous about which is good.

So ya things are going good, oddly I'm sorta missing work. Not going to work or getting up for work but not being at work seems odd for me. Maybe because I know its not just for a week or two but till June 4th. Crazy Crazy Crazy. I don't know if I can do it :P I might go batty we'll see though.

Anyways thanks for reading I'm out

Blessings

3 comments:

Tommy Boy said...

Hey there old man!!

Good to hear you're actually doing some of the womans work for your wife ;)

And I can't believe, after all the complaining, you are actually missing work! HA, if that's not irony I don't know what is ;)

Two weeks and one day and I'll be in Vancouver!

joni said...

chris you havent updated for a really looong time...are you having trouble finding spare time? ...hehe

Chris said...

I'm a slacker :D lol