Crotch Rocket now or Harley later?

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I had intentionally asked my wife in the beginning years of our marriage if I could buy a motorcycle. Knowing that she wouldn't go for it I said OK well either I buy a Crotch-Rocket now OR a Harley Davidson "later" Of course she said Harley later and I don't know if you noticed or not but I'm not exactly a little bike kinda guy ha-ha. So every so ofter I gently remind her that I'm getting my Harley.

Well being the big kid that I so can be, I decided to stop by the Harley shop in Smithers. Turns out I happen to know a few of the guys that work there (from drag racing) One of them says to me you should sit on them get a feel.... I respond with a "no thanks, to tempting" and then tell him about the deal I struck with the wife. He then says "It's OK you won't break nothing then you get to feel them out" So I think to my self no harm in sitting on one right...... WRONG :P I jumped on a couple bikes and could tell they weren't for me right away, something just wasn't right didn't feel right.... Then finally I sit on one and the guy being the great sales man that he is says "thats the one isn't it" and I had to agree, I say to him "with some minor tweaks it definitely could be" so I sit on it a little longer and feel it out a bit more.. Sure did feel great.

Anyways it made me want to speed up this process of Harley later. I've got a buddy who is willing to sell an old bike that he's not riding anymore so I can get licensed and then I want to start saving some pennies and start that process all over again.

Here's a pic of the bike that I really liked.... :D


2 comments:

Jenny said...

My hubby and I both would love to own harleys. I've wanted one for years,but Scott isn't keen on me ever getting one.
I'd say go for the Harley later, way cooler than a crotch rocket.

Darci said...

so many blog posts!

Very cool bike, I am wishing for one. Someday.