Sorry I Suck..

Wednesday, April 09, 2008
I was trying to be more committed to updating my blog but its not going to happen who am I kidding... I'll just continue updating as is and hopefully you guys will put up with it.

So lots has happened as most know I got laid off on March 3rd, I've been working my business with Tom [TCSI Computers] and that's been going great, lots of work keeping really busy. At the same time I've been keeping my ears to the ground as previously mentioned I applied for one and told them I'm not interested unless they pay me $30/hr which is pretty big money. Well I recently heard of another job with a company called Microserve, I told Gwen about it too for her brother's sake but let her know I'd be applying for it also. I sent my resume in on a Thursday afternoon around 12 and before 1pm they emailed me back, and before 5pm same day the manager for BC called me. I wasn't home so my darling wife took a message and asked some questions of her own. I called him back when I got home and we talked for about 30mins. He wanted me on board and everything sounded great. I told him I'd need some time to think about things and I'd probably fire off a couple emails with questions and thoughts or whatever. So I did that and then on Monday after having prayed about it and talked it over with my wife I emailed back and said if the offer still stands I'm interested. I just had a few requests, one being that I wanted everything in writing, that is whatever we agreed upon before the hiring process took place. So today, I was thinking "odd I haven't heard from them yet, maybe they found someone else" (G's Bro has an AMAZING resume so I'd hire him over me too) So I thought I'd give them a call just to see whats up and he was excited to hear from me again and asked if I had received my email yet. Apparently they're taking my "wanting it in writing" seriously and thats grrrrreat. I'm really stoked to be working for this company.

I Get to work from home, pick my own hours (basically) and its a REAL team environment, they're going to fly me and the family down to Victoria so I can familiarize myself with the company AND so we can take part in the company BBQ on the 10th get to meet some people and go from there.

So ya, so far it looks like I've gotten the job, were going to go over some paper work and go from there. I'll be able to work my business when needed and count on a steady income.

Theres my update!

Thanks for all the prayers I really appreciate it!

Bless y'all ;)

7 comments:

Tanya said...

Awesome...truly awesome! Congratulations!!!!

Gwen said...

Wow, excellent! That sure didn't take long.

Jenny said...

Congratulations Chris!! Christy was telling me about it tonight and it sounds perfect for your family!

Tamara said...

Congrats Chris!!

Anonymous said...

Well at least you can update whenever you can. That's always good. Congrats on the job. :)

Adam said...

Totally awesome!! Thanks for blessing us in regards with the van too I might add. You sir are the polar opposite of suck!!!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.