LOTR MARATHON!!!

Sunday, March 23, 2008
OK Guys the day is finally upon us! Saturday March 29th at 9am we are starting a journey that most of us have not yet tried to complete with a run time of 654 minutes thats just shy of 11 hours. We are going to watch
ALL THREE EXTENDED SPECIAL EDITIONS OF;

Heres the scoop, were not sure yet what everyone wants to do so were suggesting a door charge of 10$ Reason being, Pizza, pop and munchies... I don't mind picking everything up prior to the event however I REALLY don't want to get stiffed with a huge munchies bill. We'll pre-order the pizza to arrive at a specified time as to not interrupt the movie's. We'll take a 5 minute break between discs for bathroom breaks and a quick stretch. At the end of each movie we'll take a 15-20 minute break again to stretch or grab some munchies. This is the best part, we've got a FULL 6.1 surround sound system, with a projector and BIG SCREEN setup to watch the movie with. Which if you're one of the unfortunate people that had to watch in our Theater here in Terrace you know that our showing is going to be 10x better.

Were going to be doing this at our church in the Library/Prayer room, we'll have some couches and chairs for comfort sake, or you can stretch out on a foamy (if you bring it) and enjoy the movie's like that.

If any one has any suggestions on the munchie/food situation then please leave a comment. Let me know, we won't be providing breakfast but maybe we can think of something for Lunch? But my thoughts are Lunch and Dinner?? not sure what to do? we could get some Subway but again thats going to bring costs up... So please comment and let me know if your interested.

This is open to everyone, but please let me know so I have an idea of who's coming for the munchies, pop and pizza (if that's the route we go)


Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

One Ring to rule them all,
One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.



So please leave a comment if you are coming, or if you have any ideas on what we could do for food or munchies.

Thanks and see you there!!!



14 comments:

Darci said...

Aww.. I've always wanted to do this. Of course this is the weekend I am out of town :S

Anonymous said...

Call me a weenie, but I'm terrified of the LOTR movies.

Great idea! We're doing the same thing for fundraisers -- but we'll be watching Mr Bean instead! :D

Jenny said...

We've done this a couple of times in the comfort of our own home...my hubby is a LOTR fanatic! You should see the action figures him and the boys have collected.
Have fun!
Perhaps you should have everyone do a potluck, but give suggestions what people should bring so you don't end up with two of the same dishes!

Jenny said...

LOL at "weenie"....

joni said...

thats odd when i clicked on weenie i went to gwens blog... lol

really gwen?? you are terrified of lotr's????? no way.
well let me know when you are doing the mr bean nite.

chris.. my fam just watched the extended version a week ago. boo.

ps you should have a few of your women folk make sticky buns for your breakfast .. at least i would be in for that. with a fruit bowl, maybe some sausages/oval hashbrowns?.. and of course good coffee.
i could offer to help? *ha*

is the kitchen available?

Jenny said...

The easiest is each person bring his own food/goodies. Then charge per slice for the pizza.

Chris said...

WOW "weenie" I figured you for a LOTR fan...

Jenny make sure to tell your hubby, even if you did do this recently its going to be good and everyone is welcome guys and gals!

Joni, thats actually a great idea.. I don't think we'll do breakfast stuff but maybe a B.Y.O.L Bring your own lunch..

Tamara said...

I would bloody well love to come, but unfortunately I work Saturdays :(

Jenny said...

Scott would come,but he works days this weekend!

Chris said...

I told Thomas to call in sick :D get Scott to do the same ha ha

joni said...

so whats the scoop? is the 10 fee waved if we bring our own munchies?

and if i bring enough for you...hahaha

Chris said...

I don't think the 10 is going to be waved cause were going to order pizza, but we won't be doing any sorta breakfast I think people can do breaky for themselves but bring your own lunch is good, and if you want to bring your own munchies thats cool too.. but then no money = no pizza / pop stuff thats there I guess?

joni said...

sounds good to me...us

Jenny said...

How'd the marathon go?? I wanted to take the boys but we had a cub car race in the morning, which was postponed later on!! (my luck!arrghh!)
You guys should do a Star Wars one next!