LOVE THIS TEAM LOVE THIS GAME!!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007



WOW WOW WOW I can't even begin to explain how happy and stoked I am tonight What an amazing game seriously! I have to admit I was a little worried after the first period, but then when I saw Willie Mitchell in the interview and quoting Alain Vigneaut "There are a lot of other teams that would kill to be in your shoes right now" I KNEW things were going to turn around and Turn around is EXACTLY what they did. Vancouver DOMINATED the rest of the game the whole 40 mins belonged to Van. Dallas had a total of 4 shots in the 2nd period and 7 in the 3rd. We finally scored on a Power Play and it was a GREAT GOAL beautifully setup by Daniel, Henrik was not going to miss and it FOUND the back of the net to tie the game.

Even Linden's goal was a power play goal was amazing I LOVE WHEN he scores (I've made up my mind I'm getting his jersey, there's one on E-bay SIGNED I'm taking donations) anyways to quote Canucks.com's recap "Linden played a monumental game that looked like he got a hold of the DeLorean from Back to the Future to travel back to his younger days.
“It might have been his best game of the whole year,” said Brendan Morrison." I completely agree the energy that he had was like watching him in his younger days. It's the game seven he shines in Game 7's :-DTaylor Pyatt and Brian Smolinski to get the Empty netters thats not something you see a lot of but Dallas didn't have much for choice at that point in the game. Sealed the deal ending the series 4-3 with score of 4-1 Vancouver stuck true to its stats with games that they scored at least one goal they won. My hat's off to Dallas and Turco you guys played a great game and showed spirit all the way through, never gave up and kept on pressing. Couple of great shots in the last game including Modano's cross bar wringer that bounced off the inside of the cross bar to ALMOST tie the game. Great job, great series. Probably THE BEST and most evenly matched series in the playoffs this year (so far) Thanks for the stress and the gray hairs.



My Vancouver Stars of the series: Roberto Luongo, was consistent throughout the entire series stood on his head, played his heart out! with his play off stats at: Record: 4-3
GAA: 1.41
Save %: .950
GA: 12
Great first playoff performance, feels good to have a goalie in net that you can count on as a Last Line of Defence MVP!!

My Second Star goes to Willie Mitchell he played incredibly made some AMAZING plays kept us alive on numerous occasions was the backbone along side Luongo great effort and again like Luo played his heart out!
My Final star is a no brainer! was a hard toss up between second and third but Trevor Linden you've captured our hearts once again, displaying incredible leadership qualities and grit like he always does. To quote The Insider; " But there is something about Linden fans know for certain: He’s as clutch as they come.
Need a crunching hit on the forecheck in a do or die game seven? Send number 16 over the boards and watch him pick his spot to rattle the glass and swing the momentum in the Canucks favor.
Need veteran leadership to rub off on two of your franchises’ players of the future? Put number 16 on the power-play with the Sedin Twins and watch him score the game winning goal with the man advantage.
Need someone who gets so nervous before huge playoff games that he can barely keep his lunch down? Trevor’s your guy. "

My favorite play by Trevor in the whole series was when he gave Brian Smolinski the puck for the empty netter, selflessly handing it over great great great play. Awesome!! True Leadership!



So to wrap things up Anaheim, Vancouver is coming to BBQ some duck. Burke were coming for your team!







For a bonus picture!! CLICK ON THIS IMAGE TO SEE FULL SCREEN!!
Wish you guys were there with me and could've enjoyed it as much as I did!!! Keith hows it feel to get texts FROM THE GAME!


PS: just kidding I wish I was there but CRAZY how much it looks like me (with the jersey I want)

4 comments:

Christy said...

Great post love! That was an awsome game. I loved it!

I can't even handle how much that guy in the crowd looks like you. It's creepy! I laugh everytime I see it!

joni said...

Chris ..First i read your pro game advice/how it is, every game-after (U missed one btw smile) and i have to say i enjoy it immensely! Your the boss!!
Second ...seeing that picture, i thought you dubbed that look-a-like in ..."ole' bat farts!!" that guy isn't your twin eh? well they say we have a look-a-like twin somewhere in the world...i know mines Julie Roberts hahahaha
Thanks again for opening up your home ...
WHOOT WHOOT WTG CANUCKS!!!!

Gwen said...

Holy cow, that was the best game EVER! The first period was getting me worried, but the second and third rocked my world!!!!!

I actually thought that was you, I was trying to figure out how you got there! LOL!

Charlene said...

I just knew it wasn't you because, like you would be sitting all calm like that. hahaha Great game, thanks for the recap!