I've Rediscovered A Lost Love

Monday, January 15, 2007
I used to love reading, for some reason I stopped almost all together. The only thing I was reading in intervals, to be completely honest was my Bible. But I've rediscovered a lost love and I can't believe I've let it lay buried in the closet for so long. I've got a million "excuses" but only one sticks. When Christy and I moved into our new home we threw away our bookshelves (they were old and ratty) so we left our books packed away for far to long. *Side note* Sam and I share a passion in Wrestling, I know a lot of you are going to be like wrestling's so fake blah blah, but its not about that... anyways thats a whole different post. A while back (Nov 13, 2005) Eddie Guerrero past away, the great thing was that he was a very popular wrestler one of the most popular and he was a Passionate man of God. Anyways Sam bought me Eddie's auto-biography (Cheating Death & Stealing Life) and I just had had had to read it. I could barely put it down, great book for those of you who haven't read it I suggest doing so!! Anyways it has rekindled my love for books and I've read that and already dived into another one. "Fakes or Followers" another great book I suggest reading if you haven't. I even went out and bought a new bookshelf!! Anyways the whole purpose of this post is, I'm buying another book. My wife is gonna kill me cause were supposed to be saving money ha-ha but I couldn't resist its normally $100+ but I got it for $44.04 and free shipping from amazon.ca

J R R Tolkien' Lord of the Rings; As it was supposed to be released. A single-volumed Trilogy, in hard cover. Originally it was his intention to release this in one print but the cost of printing books was astronomical then and couldn't be done so they printed the 3 individually. I'm SO SO SO excited. I know this is gonna be like "Chris what were you thinking" but... I haven't read it before, I started reading it online just browsing and I couldn't stop so I knew I had to order it so I've been doing some digging and found the one that I wanted!




Anyways I seriously can't wait. I've been talking to Tom about it and told him why I hadn't read it, I was worried that having seen the movies first I would be disappointed in them and I couldn't handle that as they are definitely in my top 10 favorite movies. He assured me that it only adds to the beauty of the book. So I'm super excited I almost want to blaze through "Fakes and Followers" to start Lord of the Rings. It won't be here for about a week and half though, cause I took advantage of the "Free" shipping :D

So ya just a quick mention my favorite author is Frank Peretti, I've read all of his book except maybe two. My favorite was the Oath, I couldn't put it down. I loved it...

OK so I have to say Thanks to Tommy and to my Wife for hooking me up with the book, otherwise I'll be hung.

Post comments on your thoughts about the book and about your favorite Author's!

10 comments:

Brenda Oig said...

It's always great to hear that someone is excited about books. :) Good for you. I have too many favorites to name, but I imagine they would be different than the kinds you like anyway. I used to read Peretti, he's really good. I will suggest two books to you that you really should read. One is The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho and the other is The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime by Mark Haddon. The first is a great book to get you thinking and the second is just a great story. Enjoy your reading! Maybe you'll read one of my books soon. :)

Tanya said...

Wow you like wrestling..,bill and i cries when eddie g died,it wasn't really until then that all the other wrestlers came out as sharing the same faith with us .That in itself was amazing

Stephanie said...

I have totally stopped reading too, but yesterday I bought a book called "The Encylopedia of Women Killers". Yeah, I know that's kind of creepy but I love reading True Crime. One day I'll read the Oath, I've only heard good things about that book.

Christy said...

I think it's awsome that you have taken up reading again babe!

Chris said...

Bren; of course I'll read your books :D You were one of the people that really got me into reading. I mean I always read but your passion for it sparked more in me. Remember when I lived with you guys I joined a book club and was buying books. haha

Tanya;Ya I do like wrestling, I never get a chance to watch it but when I do. :D

Steph; Ya true crime books are great so suspenseful and when you get into their heads its sick.. If you want to borrow my copy of the Oath I'll gladly lend it to you. I'll warn you though I couldn't put it down it was intense (not that i want to build it up)

Christy; Thanks hun, now I gotta get you outta the magazines and into your books :D

Jenny said...

Scott's favourite all time author is JRR Tolkien...he's read and reread the books many times.
Last winter he read "Winter KIng" by Bernard Cornwell. Its a series about King ARthur...he loved the books.
I agree with Brenda Oig, "The Alchemist" is an awesome book. I'll look on our bookshelves and see some of our favourites.
Nothing like a good book...

starla said...

i started the lord of the rings last month but was reading three other books at the same time and the others were loaners so i stopped lotr. Now you've inspired me to pick it up again. I just listed some of my fave books on my blog....i really like t.davis bunn, he writes christian law suspense and law mystery.

Tamara said...

I LOVE reading as well..but I have this really horrible problem. I try to read like 3 books at once, then I get confused and stop reading all of them. Donald Miller is one of my faves though :)

Chris said...

I can't do the three books at once thing, I like to really pour into and get out of the one book I'm reading. I find that I can focus more on the one book I've done the three books at once thing and its no good I'm cheating on the main book I'm reading lol

Jenny said...

Chris just to double check I asked Scott about the book I recommended that he read..."amazing!"was his response. Him and his bros all read it and loved it!