The Truth!

Tuesday, December 05, 2006
OK so I know you've all been razin me about having a girl. The truth is I couldn't be more thrilled, I know I say that "God wouldn't do that too me, he loves me to much" but he would and well it would seem like he did. I'm stoked about it, for real! The truth is that it scares the crap out of me, I know what guys want I know what they're like. Everyone keeps saying that's where my job comes into play if I raise her in the way she should go then all will be good... You see I'm probably one of the most protective people you'll ever meet. For those of you dear to my heart, you know all to well what I am talking about. I want to destroy boys that date my "sisters" none of them are ever good enough. How much more so would I be towards my own daughter. Even with my son I want to protect him, this one day we were at the park and he ran up to a group of kids and tried to play with them. They all ignored him like he wasn't there, granted he's only two years old and probably couldn't have kept up with them but the look on his face :( I wanted to bury those kids in the park right there. I have a special relationship with my boy, but if someone did that to my little girl... Someone was to call her names, or break her heart, I don't think I could handle it. I can tell ya right now my head is sprouting gray hairs all over it as I type this. God give me grace and show me how to do this cause this is a whole new world for me...

4 comments:

Brenda Oig said...

Yah, a girl! That's awesome. Every Daddy needs a girl. I'm so happy for you both. Having one of each will be neat, you'll be surprised just how different they are.

Bonnie said...

Chris, you will make a great daddy for a little girl :)

Carin said...

what can I say.... I knew it! giggles - its gonna be wonderful!

Gwen said...

Don't worry, Chris, God knows what he's doing! He's put those qualities in you and decided to give you a girl for a reason. Don't sweat it, it's all good!