Time For a Life Change!!!!

Saturday, May 02, 2009
Well yesterday was the first day of the rest of my life. My wife and I keep talkin about diets and getting healthy... I've never been one to diet, never really needed to (you'll understand in a min)

I'm not a huge eater, I enjoy food but don't need it I know its hard to believe cause I'm a "large" man :P but I've always been big when I was 17 I weighed 220lbs I know I'll probably always be big but I don't care about that. What I want to be is healthy. I don't care about the weight, I know that will come with being healthy. For a long time I've been dealing with different injuries that have been some what dehabilitating a few years ago after I broke my arm I tore and ripped and broke everything in my left ankle except for the bone, the doctor said it would have been better to break the ankle then I could have casted it up and been on my marry way. Last year 7years after the first time it happened. Yes it happened a few times, once you do it, apparently it will never be the same. Anyways last year just before the winter I believe God supernaturally healed my ankle, infact yesterday I remembered that, and we were out the family and I and Tom tossing a football all afternoon and then we went for a walk I in my sandhals, this is something that COULD not happen my ankle would swell up and kill me within the first 5 mins but we walked for about 30 mins with the kids and NO PAIN. Anyways now there`s nothing holding me back!!! Praise the Lord.

So I`m making a life change. I want to be healthy I want to encourage my family to be healthy and stay active, I`ve ALWAYS loved the outdoors and hiking and tossin the pig skin around or playing some baseball or BEACH VOLLEYBALL :D thats what I`m going to be doing, maybe head back into the gym and everything.. I deffinatley want to spend more time outside though. Anyways your encouragement is appreciated. Your prayers are needed. If you want to join Christy or I for a walk or hike or something let us know, I know we`ll need that push sometimes cause its kicking the lazy habit thats the hardest.

Anyways are you shocked I`m updating haha

Blessings

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Chris. I'll be praying for you guys. :)

Jenny said...

Way to go Chris and Christy!! Tomorrow Joni and I are taking Gav up Terrace Mountain. You guys should come. It will be a slow climb as my body is in constant aches and pains.
I started an awesome running program and can pass it onto you guys. Scott and I will give you guys a shout out when we go on our next hike...you're always welcome!!
:)
You all will be in my prayers!!

Darci said...

Great news about your ankle! Can't wait to read the progress updates.

Carin said...

totally shocked that you even have the time... why aren't you out hiking instead of typing! :P
Way to go large man... ;)
Hike on monday??

joni said...

camping..hiking...walking and playing football!!! these are all of my favorite things!!!


call me anytime, i would love to accompany your family!!

whoot whoot to better health.