I'm due I know...

Wednesday, February 04, 2009
I've thought of closing shop, but can never do it... I don't know why but I guess I'll listen to the inner thoughts and leave it be. You'll just have to put up with the randomness and long holidays. There is usually MUCH to say but I find myself holding back, or better yet never finding the right words to bring forth. More times then not I will have written a long post only to delete it. Not in fear of what people will think because anyone who really knows me knows that I don't often hold back I usually speak my mind. If I could organize my thoughts I would probably post a whole lot more.

I often pray for wisdom, not because I want to sound or be "smart" but that I might know my Father's heart. That I might retain his words, that they would resonate in my heart and mind. So I can walk in confidence and obedience with Him and for Him. That my footsteps would march a long side His. Most importantly that I would lead my family and my friends to Him, that through my life they would see the heart of the Father.

I am a simple man who desires to earnestly seek the heart of our Father, I fail often and continually fall short of that goal. Thankfully there is Grace, thankfully there is Love, thankfully his arms are MUCH stronger than mine. I am learning always to be a weak man. Not a weak man in the sense that I am a pushover or incapable of doing, but that I relinquish the reins of my own life and allow Him to take control. Of course being the gentleman that He is, He allows me free will and I keep making mistakes. Again thank you for Grace and Freedom in Your truth.
I'm not sure if I've ever shared this on my blog and few people do know but my favorite book of the bible is Philippians... if I could really pick a favorite, more specifically my favorite passages are;

Philippians 3:7-10 "7.But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9. and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ--the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith."

They speak in abundance to me, they are my life words. The primary focus of my life begins in Jesus, and knowing Him. My hearts desire is to be known as a man who passionately pursues the Father's heart. I may not always show it and for that I am truly sorry. If I could know the Father's heart and walk in unison with His heart beat.... One thing I hate is fake, and I never want to be or example that in my life. Ever. Please forgive me if I have, it has never been my intention.

WOW, that was honestly only going to be a prelude of things to come and maybe it will be.

Thank you for reading, my God touch your hearts and bless your socks off ;-)

5 comments:

Lynnie Ha said...

blogging is very much the same as this....

11 "Now when they bring you to the synagogues and magistrates and authorities, do not worry about how or what you should answer, or what you should say. 12 For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say." Luke 12.

transparency and pilgrimage are much better than 'spit n polish'... :)

Darci said...

It was nice to read an update :)

Jenny said...

Good post Chris. I'm glad you're not closing up shop. It's not the quantity of blog posts but the the quality of each one!
Have a great day!

Christy said...

Yes I agree...thank goodness for Grace! Good post hun!Love you!

Jenny said...

1. You've just been told you have 6 months to live, what would you do? Places you visit....
2. Do you love your career...what would be something else you would like to do for a career? What stops you from doing it?
3. What was your funnniest moment?
4. Do you have any regrets in your life so far?
5. What is your biggest struggle with being a Christian?