Pre Season Game #2 Oilers @ Canucks

Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Tonight's game was not as good as last nights, due to the fact (possibly) that our line up had more veterans on it and they all seemed to be trying to do something that the other wasn't, communication was down, passes were incomplete and there didn't seem to be a whole lot of shooting on net. A lot of unnecessary penalties 5 on 3 situations that SHOULD have been avoided. But boy am I glad Hockey is back!!

I have to admit I was hoping to see a bit more action out of Pavol Demitra, he did make a couple nice passes but I can only think of one shot? nice and quick little wrist shot that had Rolson beat only to catch a cross bar... Really I was hoping to see a bit more from him. IT was nice however to see Cory Hodgson seemed to skate with confidence like he belonged in the line up we'll see what he has to bring to the table.
Hordichuck is wearing Cooke's old number (24) and it was tough to get used to that, but he did drop a very pretty one for us tonight with an assist from Burrows and Johnson. Grabner sealed the deal in the second on a powerplay goal.

Was nice to see Lou in net making some SPECTACULAR saves and it was also nice that Sanford made an appearence half way through and kept the doors closed all night long played a solid game, also revealed his new paint job on his mask tonight looks sharp!

All in all it was a decent game I guess, nice that we swept a home and home opener agains the Oil hopefully thats a sign of things to come this year.

Last nights game was more exciting could've been because of the long hiatus we had over the summer and the anticipation of watchin our boys play again! Whatever it is was I'm just happy the Hockey season is upon us and can't wait to suck in as much as possible!

Unfortantely for those that join me at my place for the game I'll be in Vancouver watching it at my Mom's place your welcome to come join if you want but it's a long way for a pre-season game. I'll try to update after game #3 of the pre season but may not be able to until I get home. I'll be home on Monday as I work first thing tuesday :P

GO CANUCKS GO!!