Home Sweet Home!

Sunday, July 15, 2007
Well we had an excellent time on our trip. For those that didn't know we left for Edmonton on Sunday the 8th we caught the train to Prince George, over nighted there and then jumped the train to Jasper. My Dad met us there and we drove to Edmonton where we spent 5 days enjoying sunshine and the company of my family. Prior to this trip I hadn't seen my Dad for nearly 10 years. Now married with two kids I figured what better time then the present. Plus my Dad had purchased a new vehicle for us "1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport" So we had to go pick it up. We have to pay him back of course but its still a HUGE blessing as our mini-van is da-da-dying. I was booking our tickets to Edmonton, and this is for future travelers of the train. For a single ticket from Terrace to Jasper it is $400+ SO I booked two separate tickets at $104 and $108 each totaling $222 and change to get to Jasper saving me about $200 bucks.

We really had a great time, just hanging out and relaxing. It was nice to get out of town for a week and veg. I got to spend some time with my little brother Adam too, that was nice he's finally starting to grow up and has a real sentimental side, loves family now which is a change I welcome with open arms. The one regret I do have is not being able to see his two kids. But he's going to try and come to Terrace to see us soon and of course bring his boys.

We got to hit West Edmonton mall, and browse around.. Christy did some shopping and I just hung around checking things out. Even Tristan got to go to a store just for him "Toys'R'us" and he had a blast, we picked up a package of water guns and had a big water fight at Grandpas that afternoon. Ate at a bunch of places that we don't have in Terrace, Tony Roma's Great food, Red Lobster, also good food :D

We left Edmonton on Friday for PG and hung out there for a couple days to head home on Sunday morning. Got to hang out with the boys on Saturday night, we went to Transformers. I got to watch it for a second time. Still loved it! Then we went out for a few drinks and bite to eat. My home boys Tommy and Steve came in to PG as well so they hung out too. Now were home and OH so happy! I miss my bed. I'm gonna go shower and crawl into it! Here are some pics from the trip!

Getting ready to board the train... I'm not sure where Olivia is??

Daddy and Tristan playing "Ninja Turtles"

Mommy and Tristan being silly


Mommy, Tristan and Olivia



Little town on the way through... Population "11"


Tristan in Daddy in the Belly of a whale!
'

Grandpa, Tristan and Grandma on the Tale of the Whale!

Dancing Elvis dude posing for a pic


Christy catching me sleeping on the train


Haa Ya right :P



Grandpa and Grandma ~ The morning we left Edmonton

4 comments:

Tanya said...

Sounds like you had a great time...looks like it too!

Can't wait to see your Jeep!

Justin said...

Sounds like a nice trip and a pretty sweet looking Jeep. I just want to know how you managed to take 2 separate photos of it and cut the Jeep off in both?

Chris said...

well, its really tough see... I did it on purpose :P

Anonymous said...

cool pics. Glad you guys had a good time. Nice Jeep. very cool.