Auntie Sylvia, miss you already

Thursday, November 09, 2006
Well my aunt passed away yesterday, she had found out that she had cancer only a short while ago. Everything seemed to spread so quickly, for a little while they thought that they had it under control, and then it just started spreading like wild fire. Until finally she passed away yesterday. After much suffering she is finally at rest. I recieved many reports from my mom. Her and my aunt were best of friends, they spent alot of time together, walking the dogs, bickering about thier husbands, laying on the beach soakin up the rays or water skiing. As you can imagine growing up, when I lived with mom and whenever I went to visit them we spent alot of time with her and my uncle Brad. My Dad and him were best friends also. The good news is that my aunt had accepted Christ recently so I will be able to see her again. My mom would often phone with reports that her and my aunt had been praying all night long and singing praise music. Which is great I'm glad that she had started getting to know Jesus personally. I was always able to minister to my aunt when I would see her I would strategically play songs to get her asking questions. I remember one specific time that I played a worship song and her and my mom were so moved by this song that they were both weeping. It was a great opportunity to share Christ with them both, the real love of Christ and who He really was. Now that she trully understands that and is in Heaven with the Father I am excited. My prayer now is for the family that they would see Christ through all of this for my Uncle Brad that he would be ministered too, having lost his companion, his best friend and his love. I love all you guys so much I wish there was more I could do...

So as I sit here fighting the tears I remember the good times we had and look forward to seeing you again Auntie! Much love.

1 comments:

Carin said...

that is so awesome that she had the time to get to know Jesus here on earth... smiles... heaven will be great!
Definitely prayin that Uncle Brad gets that chance too!
Hugs for you in this hard time...