Sorry Keith your outta town :P

Sunday, September 24, 2006
Ok So Just for the record I'm not going to try to compete with Keith's blog about the nucks but he's outta town. So I felt I owed it to the boys to say WE WON!! Finally get that monkey off our backs were 1 and 3 Good game tonight. Good skating tonight digging, and good penalty kills. D.Sedin "almost" got a hat-trick that'd be sweet. I know what most of you are thinking "Give it up its still pre season games.. I know I know but I couldn't help but get all stressed out when we went into double shoot-outs.

I'm probably going to get some heat for this but I'm worried about Naslund, don't get me wrong I LOVE the guy but when we traded Bertuzzi I'm afraid the magic went with him. I mean the chemistry of that line was one we can only dream of. I know things weren't the same since the Avalanche incident, but given time... We'll see though. Another one I'm not sure about is Luongo... Sure he's the Winner of the Michael Bossy Trophy, 1996-97, and he's a member of gold medal-winning Team Canada, 2004 IIHF World Championships. He's also landed a record in the NHL on March 25th 2004 with 2219 saves in a single season, and maybe he's compared to greats like Roy and Broduer (I really dispise Brodeur but he is what he is...) Ok.. Maybe with Stats like that one can't help but like him. I could go on with the list btw but I won't. I just need to really see him step it up for the boyz. I'm gonna give him a chance but I'm skeptical.

Anyways GREAT game tonight here's the details:

First Period
Goals
1. Van, Sedin D. 2 (Bulis, Naslund) 3:13 PP 2. Ana, Shannon 1 (Penner, Moran) 4:35 3. Van, Bulis 1 (Pyatt, Morrison) 10:32

Penalties
Glencross, Ana (interference) 2:53; Krajicek, Van (hooking) 13:32

Second Period
Goals
4. Ana, Brent 3 (Shannon, O’Brien) 3:06 PP
5. Van, D. Sedin 3 (Sedin H., Salo) 5:49 PP

Penalties
Kesler, Van (hooking) 1:24; Ana (too many men/ice-bench) 4:13; Moran, Ana (hooking) 8:21; Sedin, Van (holding the stick) 9:59; Krajicek, Van (hooking) 11:28; Mitchell, Van (cross-checking) 14:01; Burrows, Van (slashing) 14:46; Fedoruk, Ana (hooking) 16:06; Mitchell, Van (hooking) 19:12; Ana (too many men/ice-bench) 19:12; Perry, Ana (holding) 20:00

Third Period
Goals
6. Ana, Getzlaf 2 (Perry, Skinner) 9:36

Penalties
DiPenta, Ana (slashing) 1:51; Fedoruk, Ana (holding) 13:41; Ohlund, Van (hooking) 15:26;

Shots on goal
Vancouver: 11-10-11-1 33
Anaheim: 9-9-7-1 26
Power-plays
Vancouver: 2 for 7
Anaheim: 1 for 7
Goaltending
Luongo: 3 goals 26 shots
Bryzgalov: 3 goals on 33 shots
LINEUPS
CANUCKS:
Tyler Bouck
FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin//Henrik Sedin//Markus Naslund
Taylor Pyatt//Brendan Morrison//Jan Bulis
Alexandre Burrows//Ryan Kesler//Michael Grabner
Marc Chouinard//Brandon Reid
DEFENCE
Sami Salo//Luc Bourdon
Mattias Ohlund//Lukas Krajicek
Willie Mitchell
GAME STARS
1. Daniel Sedin – 2 power-play goals and effective down-low cycling.
2. Henrik Sedin – looked as if he’s played with Naslund his entire career.
3. Ryan Getzlaf – used his long reach and smoothe skating to his advantage.


Could the "TWINLUND" Line be our new First line??? We'll see.

4 comments:

Charlene said...

Well, Adam and I are going to try to get ticket to a game this weekend... Flames or oiler and canucks... I hope Oilers. I think we are going to try to get them there though so no garantee. Just thought that I would let you know just in case it is on TV and you can watch for us in the crowns being psyco fans!!! Probably Friday or Saturday, I hope hope hope hope. See you next week!

Tamara said...

I'm so excited to see what's going to happen this season! Hallaaaa

starla said...

ruth said there is a really good new commercial on...something about "we are all canucks" sounds like a tear jerker!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for holding the fort down. I am not sure about Naslund, but I have faith!!