Life in the "Fast" Lane

Thursday, September 07, 2006
So as most of you have probably heard, Christy and I have bought our first home. It's a nice little trailer and were getting a KILLER deal on it. Yes you officially can call us "Trailer Trash" on October 1st hehe. I'm gonna be gettin me some tighty whitey's and a wife beater, I'll have to drink more beer and sit on my front porch waiting for the lawn to grow taller then the VW. In all seriosness though we have been truly blessed, although at first I was reluctant and didn't want to do it. In the end my pregnant wife wins, and I'm actually getting excited about it as well. I get to FINALLY mount the TV properly, thank God for 0 finger prints. I'm going to do my office up nice, and Christy said "You should put some of your Coke stuff in the house" Even though I did before, now she wants it around a bit, instead of dreading it haha.

The crapppy thing about all of this as you probably also read on my wife's blog we seem to always do this when were expecting, yes for those of you that read my blog and not her's my wife and I are expecting our second child. We couldn't be more thrilled. The crazy thing is I'm at work from about 5:40 till close to 5:00 every day. Then, of course to make things more interesting, this coming weekend we have a big confrence at our church, the following week were going to Prince George for 180 which is a youth retreat which we've gone to for the last 4yrs this will be the 5th year. So that leaves me 1 weekend to pack the house and move it. Now because were moving into a trailer... and because I'm a bit of a pack rat, ok ok a lot of a pack rat. I hate throwing things away, granted I've got some stuff that I'll NEVER use again I do have some stuff that just can't be thrown away. Any time that I've tossed something like this I've needed it like the next day or week or whatever. So I've got LOADS of crap that I have to go through... I already tossed some paper work that I wish I didn't and its to late, its on the curb waiting for the garbage guys to pick it up and I'm sitting an hour away trapped at work.

Anyways we are truly thankful and feel very blessed to have this opportunity to get into the trailer and actually be able to call it our own, no longer paying rent to someone else but investing into our future. Our plan is to live in the trailer for two years or so, sell it and look for a house. So I've gotta get to work now... It seems like its going to be a crAzy day. Later all

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Congratulations!!! Speaking of coke stuff my bf's husband has tons of coke stuff and incorporated into his office and it looks awesome!!
You guys must be excited!!

Carin said...

don't you hate when you throw out stuff that you really 'might need someday'?!?!
I've already realized that I left some books in BC that I wish I had taken with me!

Tanya said...

We're so excited to have you as neighbors...the trailer is awesome and I know you're going to love it there...drop by anytime, you're always welcome!

starla said...

wow, do any guys read your blog? well you guys know how stoked I am for you! We actually thought about buying the same trailer years ago when dave and carmen were selling it so its great that its once again going to be in the rock family! Call me to help pack any time!!

Justin said...

Congrats man. Living in a trailer isn't that bad. It would be nice to own the property but it's way better than an apartment.

We've been living in one for the past 9 months and we're planning on buying one ourselves now. Oct 16th is our move-in date if all things work out.

Chris said...

Umm technically it hasn't left the "Rock" family? n00b

Anonymous said...

Congrats,

Hope you guys enjoy it!

Blessings,
Waara's